Introducing Music Creators Summer Camp
June 19-23 North High School
Register today as limited spaces are available. $350 per student (scholarships are available).
The Newman Center proudly presents Music Creators (MC), a one-week (June 19-23) camp experience for students 12-16 years old who are serious about the art of creating original music. The music-makers at MC are passionate about finding their own unique voice as artists. From writing melodies and lyrics, to recording instruments and beats, MC will give campers of all abilities a crash course in producing and crafting music of their own. Get hands-on with the latest music technology and learn techniques for composition, recording and production shared by professional musicians, composers and educators from our local music community. Music Creators is all about embracing a growth and open mindset, which allows for experimentation while having a great time doing so. Each camper will leave the program with a portfolio of original digital music, and the tools to continue to explore their own musical journey. Get ready to collaborate with musicians, make new friends and have fun!
It all takes place June 19-23 from 8am – 4pm at North High School. Instruction comes from the staff and faculty at the University of Denver’s Lamont School of Music and the Newman Center for the Performing Arts. Guest artists, composers and musicians include members of Playground Ensemble.
The camp will feature:
- Differentiated instruction tailored to each student’s experience and ability
- Access to a professional music lab
- Instruction on Digital Audio Workstations including Ableton, Soundtrap, and Garage Band
- Workshops on the art of composition and finding your voice as a musician
- Tips for MIDI and recording voice and instruments
- Small group work and the chance to collaborate with peers
- One-on-one instruction with professional producers and composers
- Techniques and materials to help continue your musical journey beyond camp
- Culmination showcase and reception for families at the end of the week
Questions? Contact Luke Wachter Associate Director of Educational Initiatives at email@example.com or 303.871.6543