There are plenty of benefits for volunteering at the Newman Center!
- Volunteering contributes to a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle
- Boosts self-esteem, confidence, and overall satisfaction
- Discounted tickets for select performances
- Complimentary parking during volunteer shifts
- Appreciation events
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Robert & Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts. To apply for a volunteer position, please fill out this form.
If there are no available positions at this time, your name will be added to our waitlist and Rachel Hargroder will contact you once we’re ready to start accepting applications.
In the meantime, here is some additional information about our volunteer program:
There is a mandatory 2-hour orientation that you must attend to become a volunteer usher for the NCPA, and also a background check conducted by the University. Interviews and orientations are usually held in July or August.
- The background check requirement turns a lot of people away because you will be asked to provide your SSN. It is necessary for us to have one on file for all volunteers. If you choose not to fill out the background check, you will not be able to volunteer for the Newman Center.
Once confirmed as a volunteer here, you will have the opportunity to sign up for a variety of events – just sign up for the ones you’d like to work, and wear long black pants/skirt, black shoes, and white shirt or blouse. We will provide you with a special Volunteer parking pass for our parking structure, NCPA Usher badge, and black vest. Volunteers sign up for events one month prior to the event month (i.e., you’d sign up for events in the first part of Sept. for all events in Oct.).
The Newman Center Presents programs (subscription series) are available for volunteer ushers once you’ve ushered a minimum of 10 shifts over one full season.
If you wish to get involved sooner, you may be interested in volunteering for the Lamont School of Music (they operate out of the Newman Center and offer many great volunteering opportunities). Please contact Madylne Kuhl at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 303-871-6634.