There are plenty of benefits for volunteering at the Newman Center!
- Volunteering contributes to a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle
- Boosts self-esteem, confidence, and overall satisfaction
- Discounted tickets for select performances
- Complimentary parking during volunteer shifts
- Appreciation events
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Robert & Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts. To apply for a volunteer position, please fill out this form.
If there are no available positions at the time you apply, your name will be added to our waitlist and the volunteer coordinator will contact you once we’re ready to start accepting applications.
In the meantime, here is some additional information about our volunteer program:
There is a mandatory 2-hour orientation that you must attend to become a volunteer usher for the NCPA, and also a background check conducted by the University. Interviews and orientations are usually held in July or August.
- The background check requirement turns a lot of people away because you will be asked to provide your SSN. It is necessary for us to have one on file for all volunteers. If you choose not to fill out the background check, you will not be able to volunteer for the Newman Center.
Once confirmed as a volunteer here, you will have the opportunity to sign up for a variety of events – just sign up for the ones you’d like to work, and wear long black pants/skirt, black shoes, and white shirt or blouse. We will provide you with a special Volunteer parking pass for our parking structure, NCPA Usher badge, and black vest. Volunteers sign up for events one month prior to the event month (i.e., you’d sign up for October events in the first few weeks of September.
The Newman Center Presents programs (subscription series) are available for volunteer ushers once you’ve ushered a minimum of 10 shifts over one full season.
If you wish to get involved sooner, you may be interested in volunteering for the Lamont School of Music. Lamont operates out of the Newman Center building and offers many great volunteering opportunities as well. Please call or email the volunteer line at 303.871.7895 or NCPA.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding volunteering in general.